Technology and Design
Welcome to the Technology & Design Department page! This is one of the more creative subjects within Glengormley High School. A subject that most pupils really enjoy. As a team we aim to:
- motivate and encourage all of our pupils to achieve to their full potential
- provide opportunity for pupils to learn independently and together through group work
- help pupils gain in confidence and develop knowledge and skills that will prepare them for life and work
- provide a curriculum that allows pupils to engage in design and make activities and become competent problem solvers
- communicate with young people in a manner that promotes mutual respect and self-worth
The Technology & Design team work together to create an environment that is welcoming, interesting, fun and inspiring for all of our young learners from KS3 through to KS5. We strive to keep our teaching materials and teaching strategies relevant and plan ahead so as to meet the needs of all individuals in our care. We set tasks that aim to stretch and challenge each pupil while providing them with the support that they need to gain in confidence so as to demonstrate their talents. We give of our time at the end of each timetabled day to further facilitate pupils as they work towards completing homework and coursework tasks, this is achieved through afterschool sessions and through Google Classroom interaction (blended learning). We prepare young people to become valued members of our community.
For more information on the subject or any general equiries please click the button to contact the Head of Department, Mr Jackson.