Unit 14 – Using Office Equipment
This unit is suitable for those who wish to gain a basic knowledge and understanding of administration practice together with the skills necessary to pursue careers as secretaries, administrators, receptionists, call centre personnel.
The unit is divided into three sections:
- Identify and show the purpose of major items of office equipment
- Use photocopier safely and effectively
- Use a computer to produce documents
Throughout the course you will:
- learn how to operate and take care of office equipment
- learn how to prepare and photocopy basic documents
- develop proof reading skills and take pride in your work at all times
- be made aware of the Health and Safety issues involved in using equipment and the need to use resources efficiently
- develop and enhance IT skills within the office setting
Assessment: This will be through coursework and keeping a record book. There is NO external examination.