What is Business Studies?
Business Studies is a dynamic subject which prepares students for the challenges of the 21st Century by introducing them to the world of business. Although an academic subject, Business Studies is practical, applied and exciting. Whether your aim is to pursue an academic career, train for a profession or become an entrepreneur the necessary knowledge and skills will be provided.
The Business Studies Department aims to:
- stimulate pupil curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Business Studies and related subjects.
- enable pupils to be familiar with a body of business knowledge, principles, skills and vocabulary.
- enable pupils to develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as perseverance, initiative and independence.
- enable pupils to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- build confidence in pupils, encourage success and develop each pupil’s potential to enable those who wish to find employment or proceed to further education may do so.
- develop ICT skills in Business Studies and Business and Communication Systems.
At Glengormley High school we offer a range of Business related subjects at GCSE and GCE levels. These subjects include: