The University Roadshow visited our Year 13 students today to showcase up to date information about the wide variety of third level opportunities available to them.
It provided useful information for all students intending to apply to universities in: England, Scotland, Wales, the Republic of Ireland and Europe. This was an opportunity for our students to speak to and gather information from representatives from the 9 Universities that attended.
After a short 20 minute presentation to the students covering all aspects of applying to university which covered the application system UCAS, students then had the opportunity to go around each of the university stands and speak to the exhibiters present about their course of interest.
Here are some of the opportunities that we have had sent to us for the month of March 2018.
- Brett Martin – Junior Process Technician – click here to see the job description. This is a good opportunity for those with a Science/Technology background.
- Dale Farm – Food Manufacturing Apprenticeship. Get paid while you work and study the NVQ Level 2 qualification in Food Manufacture. Click here to read the flyer.
- Parents’ Information Event University of UlsterUlster University would like to invite parents and guardians of Year 12 and 13 students to our Parents’ Information Event. Students are welcome to attend.Saturday, 14th April, 9.30am – 1.00pm, Belfast Campus.This event will provide an excellent opportunity for you to find out about:· Course options
· The UCAS application process
· Employability of Ulster graduates
· Student finance
To register and to find out more www.ulster.ac.uk/parentsevent
- Mercedes Benz Apprenticeship Opportunities – 002 Apprentice App Pack Flyer 2018
At Glengormley High we have excellent links with local employers, training agencies, colleges and universities. Whenever we receive information about a new opportunity for our school leavers we will post it here.
Students, Parents and Carers….Queens University Belfast are hosting an information evening on 29th November – for more information please click on the link – Pharmacy event