Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) encompasses a range of activities provided by our school to develop necessary Career management and employability skills, in order to become employable. These activities and resulting skills allow our learners to make informed decisions that will ultimately affect them, their future, education and employment.
There are three Aims at 3 Key Stages:
- Career Exploration
- Career Management
Self-Awareness is the key to enhancing student’s employability whereby there is an opportunity to:
- Identify an awareness of personal qualities, skills, aptitudes and aim to link these to careers.
- Identify preferred learning style and ongoing achievements.
- Review how their career aspirations have developed and how their attitudes to education and employment has changed.
Career Exploration is the key to progressive personal career planning where students understand that learning in school helps to develop skills needed for work by:
- Researching progression routes into careers
- Getting involved in enterprise activities
- Understanding changes in the workplace
- Using ICT to help collect careers information
- Recognising the importance of Health and Safety and appropriate behaviour in the work place.
Career Management is the key to applying skills to enhance employability through effective decision making skills, to manage transition in school and in future employment. This is accomplished by giving students access to:
- Present themselves in a range of mediums – CV, application forms, interviews etc.
- Present evidence to support their subject and course choices at all Key Stages.
For more information on the subject or any general equiries please click the button to contact the Head of Department, Mrs McKee